Another fun one to work on. Thanks to my supervisor Rene Garcia and all other artists, supervisors, managers, production people and tech guys for making this possible.
Here’s what I did on this one:
– Lockdown – the main “bad guy” in the movie. I was responsible for modeling his face/head. Additional helmet armor and the rest of the body were modeled by other artists..
– Hound – the “chubby” Autobot soldier. I modeled everything except the hero guns and additional accessories, modeled by Brady Parell.
– Grimlock (knight) – I modeled most of the panels that cover his body. Later, a few of those panels were tweaked by other artists, adding spikes to them as per director’s request.
I didn’t model his head and additional gears/accessories/skeleton. The T-Rex shoulder pieces were re-used from Grimlock in dinosaur form, modeled by Rene Garcia.
– Brains – the little annoying robot with the blue fiber optics hair. Modeled him entirely, starting from a rough model.
– Drift and Crosshairs – I didn’t build those assets. I was only responsible for the final sculpting pass on their faces, to get them to look closer to the concept art.
– Caged Alien – the only 100% organic creature in the show (other than the dinosaurs) – I modeled the creature, later detailed and textured by Martin Murphy, who also tweaked its teeth based on later request.